Residential Main Disconnect Photo Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

eek.gif

Can you have the meter pulled?:grin:

The $1,000 per day fine for every day of non-compliance under State Law is more effective.:grin:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If we have to price a job without visiting the location, is it "sight unseen" or "site unseen?" :grin:

growler

His response was:

* What was left on the SE cable was the equivalent to a #4.
He then told me to call him when I know what I am talking about.

This comes from a 200A OH service and this disco goes to the main panel subfeed.

Point him in the direction of table 250.66 and explain that #4 would be just great if it were copper but the minimum size GEC for 4/0 Al SEC cable on a 200 amp service is #2 al.

growler

Point him in the direction of table 250.66 and explain that #4 would be just great if it were copper but the minimum size GEC for 4/0 Al SEC cable on a 200 amp service is #2 al.

Excuse me, I'm an idiot. Wrong table, need to be at 250.122. ECG and not GEC. and a #4 al. is big enough.

I'm still not sure after you cut it down how you would prove that it's the right size.

I really can't walk and chew gum so I'm going back to just watching TV.

mark32

Hi ivsenroute, in your post #17 you mentioned the guy failed to remove paint from the enclosure prior to installing the lug. I was thinking if that would be necessary in such an enclosure, if one were to look in any panel it appears as though the factory installed ground bars are mounted right onto the enclosure's surface with no effort made to remove the coating. Even when one bonds the isolated neutral bar in a main panel situation it's only the screw's threads making contact with the enclosure and the head of the screw making contact with the bar. So my question would be does the paint still need to be removed in such a situation?

hillbilly

Hi ivsenroute, in your post #17 you mentioned the guy failed to remove paint from the enclosure prior to installing the lug. I was thinking if that would be necessary in such an enclosure, if one were to look in any panel it appears as though the factory installed ground bars are mounted right onto the enclosure's surface with no effort made to remove the coating. Even when one bonds the isolated neutral bar in a main panel situation it's only the screw's threads making contact with the enclosure and the head of the screw making contact with the bar. So my question would be does the paint still need to be removed in such a situation?

In my opinion...

If it's a (factory) tapped hole....no
Although I always remove the paint anyway.

If it's a drilled hole with screw and nut (or field drilled and tapped), yes.

steve

buldogg

It's common practice for me to remove the paint

Status
Not open for further replies.