Wireless Radios failed because not UL listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpolly

I have a number of wireless radios installed in a city and they have passed inspection. The inspector is now requiring everything to be UL listed. I had understood that as long as the POE injector is UL listed (and it is), then everything past the POE injector was covered. Is this true? Does 800.170 cover this? Same with IP CCTV cameras?

Thanks,
Jon

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I have a number of wireless radios installed in a city and they have passed inspection. The inspector is now requiring everything to be UL listed. I had understood that as long as the POE injector is UL listed (and it is), then everything past the POE injector was covered. Is this true? Does 800.170 cover this? Same with IP CCTV cameras?

Thanks,
Jon

I do not believe the code covers wireless radios.

Welcome to the forum...:thumbsup:

jpolly

Understood, but lets broaden it to any network device that uses a poe injector. Does the code specifically state that only the injector has to be UL listed?

DarylH

We con't test our wireless equipment to UL unless it's got some connection to power.

If battery powered it only gets tested for emissions, e.g. FCC Part 15 unwanted emissions limits.

And of course tested in accordance with whatever FCC technical rules apply for intentional radiators under the licensed service type in which the radio operates.

LVTech

New User
UL Listed Class 2 power supply essentially 'covers' the attached equipment.

UL Listed Class 2 power supply essentially 'covers' the attached equipment.

Attached is a response I was given from Washington State about that.
LNI1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.