NEC handbook and/or Illustration guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardrichman

Coming from an outdated 02 codebook;I'm Looking to buy a 2008 NEC codebook, and considered the Handbook instead, and even the Illustrated guide. I see the handbook is also illustrated somewhat, but seems like it explaines the code w/ examples. Has the handbook been beneficial over just having the standard paperback codebook, and would the Illustrated Guide be of any benifit to having w/ either of these two books?

Howard Richman

Buck Parrish

The hand book is cool. I use both.
If u r studying for a test. You would only be able to use the code book in the testing room.

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech
If I only wanted to buy one and I was not going to need it for a test I would buy the handbook. Lots of good explanatory material is included in the handbook.

bkludecke

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I buy every reference book I can afford. Each one gives a little more insight into the NEC and industry applications. This forum, and others are also indispensable pools of knowledge.

howardrichman

Thanks for reply!
I'll probably go for the handbook just to have conformation of a code that usually has contradictory between contractor and inspector. No mattter how common and basic an installation is, there's sometimes an unexpected situation you just dont want to procede w/o being sure for either eliminate a 2nd trip or $$ to spend redoing. I'm thinking the handbook would speed up and confirm it. The Illustration guide goes even further to lay out examples in schematic, pictorals, and user forms for complex calculations. Like you said, every bit helps.

Howard Richman

Status
Not open for further replies.