Problems with Honeywell GSM,s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayHair

1. Recent or older installs?
  2. Is panel still running and showing comm loss with communicator?
  3. Signal Strength lower than when installed?
  4. Check manufacturer's website for tech notes on similar or matching issues. What does Tech Support say?
  5. Firmware version issues between panel and communicator?
  6. Upload and review panel history (Compass software).

Multiple communicators almost sounds like a cell site issue, but I don't see that causing a lockup. Retired, so not familiar with current equipment.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I'm having several GSM communciators going into trouble for no apparant reason. The only way to restore them is a hard re-set. Any one else having this problem?

We had an issue with the first/last one we did. Signal strength was fine, but the network kept crapping out. Had to have the owner install phone lines and do it the old fashioned way.

low_voltage

We have some that are giving us problems. The ones we use have a IP option as well. So we have Honeywell disable the cellular and activate the IP connection. Of course that's only if we can get a cat5/6 and internet.

nhfire77

We have some that are giving us problems. The ones we use have a IP option as well. So we have Honeywell disable the cellular and activate the IP connection. Of course that's only if we can get a cat5/6 and internet.

It's a fairly serious firmware issue- their is now a patch from Honeywell just released. This a link just for the ipgsm4g

http://go1.honeywell.com/gJ0Rg7X0d30pJX0rR000ibA

It's really a crappy issue, if it loses connection to the cell network, it won't reconnect without a reset. And the fire communicator is supposed to put the phone line in trouble so the panel will locally annunciate but it doesn't, so you don't know it's not working. It sucks, I've got to upgrade or replace the firmware of 15-20 panels of our panels. It affects burg and fire

gadfly56

Occupation
It's a fairly serious firmware issue- their is now a patch from Honeywell just released. This a link just for the ipgsm4g

http://go1.honeywell.com/gJ0Rg7X0d30pJX0rR000ibA

It's really a crappy issue, if it loses connection to the cell network, it won't reconnect without a reset. And the fire communicator is supposed to put the phone line in trouble so the panel will locally annunciate but it doesn't, so you don't know it's not working. It sucks, I've got to upgrade or replace the firmware of 15-20 panels of our panels. It affects burg and fire

Thanks for the heads up. Usually I get the bulletins but not this time.

nhfire77

Thanks for the heads up. Usually I get the bulletins but not this time.

Yea, very hush hush, it came out a few days ago, it's kind of a big deal considering it just stops working without notice. They aren't offering any compensation either.

The Vista21IP burg panels affected need to be replaced and it's the only burg panel we use in commercial. May not be FA but still need to recommission a dozen burg systems with 8-30 points each on top of 6-7 fire radios. Do you have a lot affected?

MisterCMK

Yea, very hush hush, it came out a few days ago, it's kind of a big deal considering it just stops working without notice. They aren't offering any compensation either.

The Vista21IP burg panels affected need to be replaced and it's the only burg panel we use in commercial. May not be FA but still need to recommission a dozen burg systems with 8-30 points each on top of 6-7 fire radios. Do you have a lot affected?

Have you updated any of the radios yet?

I am curious to see if this will be a long term fix... Maybe I am just jaded and bitter but.... LOL

gadfly56

Occupation

I have passed this along to our sales department to track our recent installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.