Industrial Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,I'm the second generation in the family electrical business. The vast majority of what the company does is 480v, hazardous locations, and rigid conduit. We're primarily in fuel terminals and metal scrap yards (including the primary yards with 8000hp crushers) offering an available technician 24 hours a day. We are a fairly small company with about a dozen field electricians.Since I've told you the background of me and the outfit I belong to, let me get to my point. I'm trying to come up with a way to expand our reach into this new age of the industrial world. I'm asking if any of you might be able to suggest, either here on this page, or via PM, any ideas that would take what we do now and expand it to new ideas and technologies. I am trying to stay away from fire systems and surveillance systems. We do a bit of fiber optics and UL panel building as well already.Thanks for your time,Jeremy

Tony S

Hello everyone,

I'm the second generation in the family electrical business.

The vast majority of what the company does is 480v, hazardous locations, and rigid conduit.

We're primarily in fuel terminals and metal scrap yards (including the primary yards with 8000hp crushers) offering an available technician 24 hours a day. We are a fairly small company with about a dozen field electricians. Since I've told you the background of me and the outfit I belong to, let me get to my point:

I'm trying to come up with a way to expand our reach into this new age of the industrial world. I'm asking if any of you might be able to suggest, either here on this page, or via PM, any ideas that would take what we do now and expand it to new ideas and technologies. I am trying to stay away from fire systems and surveillance systems. We do a bit of fiber optics and UL panel building as well already.

Thanks for your time,

Jeremy

Try the chemical/cement/lime industries. All use Ex equipment. Gas, pulverized coal and other nasty stuff.

We do have a couple clients in the cement industry. I was thinking more along the lines of another service that could be offered that's just not necessarily in the area yet such as heat imaging analysis of electrical systems, or any up and coming technologies or products that would help the fuel, cement, sulfur industries, bulk marine docs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.