drip pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshields

drip pan over electrical panels.

Article 110, 6 foot clearance, 25 foot clearance rules notwithstanding; in an existing installation, we are trying to persuade an electrical inspector to allow the installation of a panelboard above which at about 5 feet is a water pipe. As we don't have a lot of options, we are proposing a drip pan with drain in the corner such that water would just drip directly onto the floor.

So, I'm thinking of a typical galvanized steel drip pan but he asked for specific specifications, don't know if he'll insist on it, but a detail would be stupendous. I used to have such a thing but cannot find. Does anyone have such a detail and would you be willing to share it with me.

A specification would suffice.

Much appreciated,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

JFletcher

drip pan over electrical panels.

Article 110, 6 foot clearance, 25 foot clearance rules notwithstanding; in an existing installation, we are trying to persuade an electrical inspector to allow the installation of a panelboard above which at about 5 feet is a water pipe. As we don't have a lot of options, we are proposing a drip pan with drain in the corner such that water would just drip directly onto the floor.

So, I'm thinking of a typical galvanized steel drip pan but he asked for specific specifications, don't know if he'll insist on it, but a detail would be stupendous. I used to have such a thing but cannot find. Does anyone have such a detail and would you be willing to share it with me. My e-mail is mshields@thompson-consultants.com

A specification would suffice.

Much appreciated,

Mike

Something like this (bottom pic):

http://www.queue3.com/condensation.html

You could pipe the condensate to a floor drain or condensate pump, to keep water from pooling up on the floor/ground underneath the panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.