My 1st Above Ground Pool! (54")

Status
Not open for further replies.

davedottcom

Hey guys,

I'm about to do my first above-ground pool. It's 54" so I'm told it's considered Permanent! :eek:/
Please see the diagram and let me know if I'm forgetting anything or if you see anything that looks incorrect.

Thanks and I hope the diagram/picture I attached is able to be viewed larger than it is in the Preview!

Picture1.jpg

davedottcom

Damn, I have no idea how to make the jpg picture larger!?!? :eek:(
I tried as a PDF file but it's too large to upload it says...

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
If you hit the ctrl button and use the scroll on the mouse it will enlarge the page. Ctrl and + will also enlarge. Ctrl and - will decrease the size.

Your install looks fine to me.

BTW, The link connects to all your pics.... I hope you are okay with that

davedottcom

Thanks Dennis, yes, I have used that photobucket site in order to show you guys pics in the past. I just looked at them... I forgot about all those "Plumbing" conduits I found being used as Electrical conduits! LOL! That was so bad I had to show you guys!

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
It was brought to my attention that your pic may not be totally accurate. If the wire around the pool is just bonding the steel then you need a perimeter surface bond that encircles the pool and is 18-24 inches from the inside wall of the pool and 4-6 inches deep. One could use the same bond that you depict but it would have to be as I stated 18-24" etc.....

Last edited:

davedottcom

Got it... Thanks Dennis

It was brought to my attention that your pic may not be totally accurate. If the wire around the pool is just bonding the steel then you need a perimeter surface bond that encircles the pool and is 18-24 inches from the inside wall of the pool and 4-6 inches deep. One could use the same bond that you depict but it would have to be as I stated 18-24" etc.....

davedottcom

Decided to call the pool installer... He tells me "Don't do all that bonding, Just bond to (1) metal support, the rest will all be bonded via the metal track they are sitting in".
:eek:/

Glad I decided to call the inspector BEFORE I did the bonding! Inspector says he wants (4) of the metal supports (evenly spaced) bonded to the pump and the water and the "ring-around-the-pool" of course!
:eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.