User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recessed Light Spacing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
    I have probably installed more cans than you in 40 yrs but wanted to get some expert opinions but it didnt happen, I'm back to what I already knew , not a single reply I could use.
    Well youre welcome I guess.

All the advice you were given was useful and accurate. The fact that you don't agree with it doesn't change that.
    There are two kinds of people - those smart enough to know they donít know, and those dumb enough to insist they do.-----Margery Eagan

Open shop since 1988

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always ask my lighting sales people, I trust them and they ask questions. I am not a lighting designer and usually they will even give me good tips even if I am buying my cans from a big box store as per the customer. So, I am not answering your question but that is where I would go....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have probably installed more cans than you in 40 yrs but wanted to get some expert opinions but it didnt happen, I'm back to what I already knew , not a single reply I could use.
    A lot of people tried to help you out in your many threads, you just spit in their faces.

Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min without traffic from winged horses.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given the response to some of the posts, may I suggest this link.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4gery View Post
    A lot of people tried to help you out in your many threads, you just spit in their faces.
    Well i got some smart ellic answers too like when i said it was easier to cut the holes for remodel cans than it is to try to get the rock to fit over new work boxes if you are doing your own dry wall , I got answers like if you cant hit the holes you need to look for another line of work , I never said i couldnt hit the hole . did I? I said it was easier with remodel cans . A few remarks like that and I started to snap back .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by electricmanscott View Post
    Well youre welcome I guess.

All the advice you were given was useful and accurate. The fact that you don't agree with it doesn't change that.
    i didnt disagree I just never got any straight answers,, Example, lets say you asked what is good distance above the floor to place rec outlets and you got blasted with , well it cant be answered without more info,, In a basement its best to put them over 4 ft in case you put sheets of plywood against the wall it wont hide them and then another reply was a kitchen counter has to be between the top of counter and no more than 20'' above, and another said if you go more than 6 ft high the rec can not be counted as a required rec.. Is all that usefull and helpful ? yes , was it fair to the person asking the info ? no he wanted a nornal condition in a regular room , a simple 12'' above the floor is all that was needed , but he never got that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4gery View Post
    You should be barred from the forum for statements like that. I can disagree with anybody I want

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be barred from the forum for statements like that. I can disagree with anybody I want
    Wow, it took you two days to come back and say that? This is the second time you quoted that post.

You have the right to your opinion, please ask a moderator to review both of our posts and ban the person who deserves it more.