Planing to add 3 two hundread amp panels to residential propety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope4Today9

I want to add 3 two hundrend amp panels to a residential property. However, there does not seem to be an mult meter-socket which would allow this; unless I goto 6 one hundred panels. It's my understanding that panels over two hundrend amps are for commertial use only (I could be wrong about that). So that means 3 separate meter sockets. I plan to use PVC conduit to run up the side of the house to where the utility can make thier connections. I'm uncertain if I need to run every thing in one conduit or if I can run them idiviually each in their own conduits? Also do I need to keep each TOP close together? Then I was thinking maybe I need to group the ends together with a lug capible of holding many cables so there would be only one connection for the utility? Plus I don't know if in Ohio I need to add a disconnect under each meter? (Sorry, my background and experience is with industrial drives and plc controls, the incoming power is already installed by the time I get to site and plus this is residential.)
Kind Regards

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.