WHAT should i charge to install this control box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I'm sure you have a good grasp at understanding how long it would take to do a task with all the equipment and knowedge to do it in front of you and you standing ready with tools in hand.

The fact is the OP probably had that much time wrapped up in looking at the job. The looking may have only taken a few minutes but the driving, parking walking, signing in, waiting for faucility engineer, tour of whatever, looking at safety factors, checking equipment, whatever else may have been involved may have had a half day wrapped up from the time he started the old truck to the time he parked it.

I do understand that because I do bid jobs...

I guess it's worth repeating. I mentioned how long the ACTUAL job should take, not how much he should bill it out for. If he didn't mention signing in, looking over equipment or waiting for engineers, than why should I assume he needs extra time for it? He didn't mention that? I try not to read more into the post than what's there....

Last edited:

bullheimer

Hello again

Hello again

It took me twelve hours. Then another hour cause i had a couple control wires wrong. so my bad, but at least nothing blew up.
i took my usual sweet arse time. i got nowhere else i gotta be so why hurry. it's dark at 4:30 so what is the point in going home. i'm in Gods Country, the sun was shinin FOR ONCE, and so what is the hourly on that around 75-80? i just bid a whole job at that. basically T&M. i try to guess as close as i can. i hate contracting because i never gambled much, even being from the Land of Nev., so bidding scares the bejesus out of me. i was low bidder on this one to, it is an hour and a half drive straight into the Cascades

i then got another job the next day hooking up some shaker thing and changing the voltage of a 3PH motor for $75 and hour and i made almost as much money as this job. .. at the same greenhouse. took about 12 hours as well, so @ a grand after i charged for parts. a few feet of flex and a 3P disco. worked out great, i love these guys. last year i ran four 3/4" pipes about 130ft each just to outlets for 1000W HPS lights for 12GRAND!! that was FAT. peace out bro-ski's!

bullheimer

btw. i spent an hour or 2 scoping it out and an hr rounding up material. travel time to this job was about 4 minutes from my house.

just the large box in the picture on the right which has 8 controllers in it and one little box to the right of it (same picture).

it is only about 5 feet from where all the wires i need are in a j box and i just have to push three wires thru 15 ft of 2" conduit to the panel. (easy peasy). only will have one wire two conduits coming into it. both from the aforementioned j box above it

i figure about two days but dont want to charge by the hour. i figure this large seed company is good for about $1500-2000 anyway

could i get away with that? the are not looking for bids cause i have done work there before but they are used to paying union contractor wages.

igrow_panel_640x200.jpg

disregard the pic on the right. fwiw, this is from their website co. is Link 4

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe there are people from that 'large seed company' on this forum?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.