Neutral to lug on panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

Can I connect the neutral of a 240v system to a lug that is screwed into the body of the panel frame (inside panel) if it is too short to make it to the neutral bar?

If this is a main panel and not a sub feed:

ivsenroute

Nothing gives. Sometimes people I know check out this board and if I ask a question that they are arguing then see the answer here, they stop arguing.

Strife

This sounds like one of those: "if you have to ask, you probably know the answer"?

Can I connect the neutral of a 240v system to a lug that is screwed into the body of the panel frame (inside panel) if it is too short to make it to the neutral bar?

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I can relate. I tell them, it's just an ole senile inspector babbling.
They read it here, it's gospel.
I often post questions for which I know the answer when I know the job related to a watcher/non-poster
Some don't post as they think they might "look stupid", but since my stupidity is acknowledged, I can post.

hotwire1955

yes if the lug is listed for two conductors and the jumper lands on the neutral bar

kwired

Electron manager

In general I'd say splice the conductor then run the rest of the way to the neutral bar.

ivsenroute

I can relate. I tell them, it's just an ole senile inspector babbling.
They read it here, it's gospel.
I often post questions for which I know the answer when I know the job related to a watcher/non-poster
Some don't post as they think they might "look stupid", but since my stupidity is acknowledged, I can post.

Pretty sad though isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.