Locked Service Entrance Closets Not Accessible to Condo Owners / Residents

Status
Not open for further replies.

david

If management is not on site 24/7, then supervision is not continuous. Like most HOA's I'll bet the most they have is a JOAT who services multiple associations on an on-call basis so I very much doubt there is true supervision of any kind. As an alternative, they could monitor the load side of all the OCPD's for voltage and have a central station notify them of a trip. Any takers? No, I didn't think so.

They can isolate the main and sub disconnects, but they cannot lock away the very last CB that goes to the tenant panel. Tough luck for the association if they are all in the same room.

If management is not on site 24/7, then supervision is not continuous.

I fundamentally disagree that the code is being that specific.

Take a home security system supervising your home security 24/7 even when no one is at home.
The police or fire department are not sitting outside your home 24/7, they are however a phone call away.

If you have the reasonable expectation the management for a building will send someone in a reasonable amount of time is all in my opinion that is needed to satisfy access to your over current device

W6SJK

Take a home security system supervising your home security 24/7 even when no one is at home.

The security system is supervising the home and its security wiring by monitoring sensors. The HOA doesn't monitor my feeder. They depend on me to notify them of problems.

The police or fire department are not sitting outside your home 24/7, they are however a phone call away.

Response is not the same as supervision.

If you have the reasonable expectation the management for a building will send someone in a reasonable amount of time is all in my opinion that is needed to satisfy access to your over current device

They WON'T send someone. Maintenance of the feeder is my responsibility. I have to call and pay for the electrician and hope he/she brings the correct key. There are several used by the Utility.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I fundamentally disagree that the code is being that specific.

The home security system is actively supervising your security status ALL THE TIME. It's the same as if you had a security guard posted inside your front door.

I can tell you that if I don't have power all of a sudden and I'm in the middle of making dinner, my opinion of reasonable is going to be "5 minutes", if not less. As long as management gets their rent or the HOA gets their dues and fees they are going to care bupkis for my convenience.

david

There is no comment being made to dispute that the management of your facility, as to issue they may or may not have in response time.

I am saying that having a maintenance person on site is to narrow of a threshold in applying this section. Having someone available imo meets the requirement . What is a reasonable expectation would have to be addressed locally through your authority

W6SJK

I am saying that having a maintenance person on site is to narrow of a threshold in applying this section. Having someone available imo meets the requirement . What is a reasonable expectation would have to be addressed locally through your authority

Except in my case there is no one available. I'm on my own. _I_ or an electrician provide the maintenance.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
There is no comment being made to dispute that the management of your facility, as to issue they may or may not have in response time.

That's the point. There is NO ONE AVAILABLE. Open your yellow pages and look under "E" for "electrician". Unless you think that the president of the HOA who is, say, a lawyer and (for example) currently vacationing in the Bahamas WITH the key, counts as supervision.

Status
Not open for further replies.