Swimming pool panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccayry

Im looking for about a 3 circuit panel for a swimming pool. I will be feeding the pump (8.8Amps) and a receptacle(15Amps). I would like to find a panel that comes with a 15A or 20A DP GFCI breaker. I found one online but it comes with a 50A DP GFCI, I guess for a spa or hottub. This will be my first pool so I thought some of you guys that do alot of these would know of a good setup. Thanks in advance for the info.

Cavie

Im looking for about a 3 circuit panel for a swimming pool. I will be feeding the pump (8.8Amps) and a receptacle(15Amps). I would like to find a panel that comes with a 15A or 20A DP GFCI breaker. I found one online but it comes with a 50A DP GFCI, I guess for a spa or hottub. This will be my first pool so I thought some of you guys that do alot of these would know of a good setup. Thanks in advance for the info.

Seamins has a 4 ckt. They don't come with breakers. You buy what youn want

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
with an inground you will be extremely lucky to get by with 3 circuits.
most of the ones I see have two pumps, often a light, receptacles, etc.
3 might be workable, but you might as well go larger. Negligible cost increase.
If this is your first pool, the panel will probably be the least of your problems :grin:.
680.24, 680.26 are usually the "killers"

mccayry

I was asked to give an estimate for this job and yes this is my first pool. The HO has said that the pool man is using 1 pump which draws 8.8A @240V. My thinking was to run a 30A circuit from main panel to the panel @ the pool. The pump will be on a 15A DP GFCI breaker controlled by a timer and of course a 15A GFCI receptacle for 680.22(A)(3). How does that sound?

cpinetree

another thought

another thought

You might run 12/4 MC and not use a sub panel at all. Just be sure to keep the ground continuous if you have a light transformer.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
You might run 12/4 MC and not use a sub panel at all. Just be sure to keep the ground continuous if you have a light transformer.

This could work if the pool panel is on the same structure as the main panel. A 30 amp circuit would work as described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.