Recessed luminaires - Where to buy only the IC box (without the fixation element/can)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelocum

Dear all.

My company developes LED luminaires that need a IC housing but my fixation is made by springs, so it is not suitable for the current systems inside the common IC housings in the market.

Do you know any shop or supplier where I can buy only the metal box of the IC housing (without the internal metal can)? I would like to buy IC housing and other metal accessories like mounting frames, hanger bars... but specially interest in IC housing able to receive a spring fixation like in the photo.

Thank you very much

1.jpg 2.jpg

JFletcher

it seems to me that you could redesign the springs and make your fixtures more less like everyone else's that are designed to go into old work cans. I can tell you that having to use a special or non-standard can for somebody's light fixture is going to make me rule it out 99% of the time right off the bat.

jelocum

Thank you for your kind comments

Thank you for your kind comments

it seems to me that you could redesign the springs and make your fixtures more less like everyone else's that are designed to go into old work cans. I can tell you that having to use a special or non-standard can for somebody's light fixture is going to make me rule it out 99% of the time right off the bat.

Thank you my friend.

I will take into account for the project.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
You’re going to need something like one of the Juno box housings to make that work.

I picture something like the IC1JB; prob not large enough for your trim, but it’ll give you an idea.

Look at the Broan 744 housing; something like that but without the fan motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.