Electrical Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary11734

I would make up the test based on the work I was currently doing. If you're in romex, then heavy on that part. Doing control work or hospital work, WWTP, then conduit and different types of material for that work.

Of course, you can always start out with 3 way 4-way switches and 2 wire and three wire control diagram. That is the quickest way to know if they have any knowledge.

When work was booming, we usually hired them if they could find the shop and breathing!

Gary

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
My first electrical job interview went something like this....

I want you to hire me.

Why should I?

Because I want to learn how to do this electrical stuff.

My second job interview went about like this.....

I want you to hire me.

Why should I?

Because the guy I was working for just went broke and I need a job.

What do you know how to do?

Anything you tell me to do.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Here’s a screenshot of mine ..... I prob copied some of the questions from similar threads here, so I’m sharing for others.

It’s relevant to the majority of the work we’re usually hiring for. Something simple that you should be able to complete in less than 5 min.

dad1cded5a1014983edfe0639dd07b48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I used to and forgot it. 6.24 x 10 to the 18th power. Or 6.24 quintillion.

Or one amp per second. For slow counters.

An amp-second is all I’m looking for. If you know the actual number, it’s imaginary bonus points.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
An amp-second is all I’m looking for. If you know the actual number, it’s imaginary bonus points.

FWIW, this is the first time I have actually used the time I spent learning what a coulomb was since my apprenticeship, and like I said, I had to look it up. What I did remember was it was a real big number of electrons passing a point and that number started with 6.

Are you really looking for people that know what a coulomb is, or are you looking for people that can work with tools?

Adamjamma

I’d accept that.

Looking for hard hat, safety goggles, & safety vest.

always thought the safety vest not as important as proper gloves in many cases... and only needed a hard hat sometimes... when I am doing residential in Jamaica, common sense and a good sense of laughing keeps me sane..lol... Because you would not believe how many times I find wiring that is three black wires pulled through a conduit with red, black and green tape on the ends... or the tape laying inside the box because it came loose...
Or the times I find three wires under one breaker screw...

Status
Not open for further replies.