NECA UNITS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
NECA has a much higher unit for pulling a 4 pair cable without conduit as opposed to pulling in conduit. Why is this?? Because of the pull string in conduit? Thanks.

John120/240

Imagine a drop cieling in an office space. How many cieling tiles do you have to

remove ? Desks, file cabinets, the secetary all in the way of your step ladder.

Now secure the cable with zip ties to hanger wire. Now do your pull in conduit.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Imagine a drop cieling in an office space. How many cieling tiles do you have to

remove ? Desks, file cabinets, the secetary all in the way of your step ladder.

Now secure the cable with zip ties to hanger wire. Now do your pull in conduit.

What about new construction???

USMC1302

I didn't look it up, but a swag would be that the task of pulling(not in conduit) takes into account labor for securing/fastening, whereas pulling(in conduit) that labor has been completed when the pipe was installed?

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I didn't look it up, but a swag would be that the task of pulling(not in conduit) takes into account labor for securing/fastening, whereas pulling(in conduit) that labor has been completed when the pipe was installed?

I'm not so sure. I think J-hooks etc. you would put in separately.

fridaymean

Any support you use would be added. The labor unit is for that item only.

Pulling cable though conduit is faster than installing it pretty much any other way.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Thanks very much. So let me ask some peoples opinion. NECA gives the following for 4 Pair cable(Cat 5,5e & 6)

In Conduit/Normal Column= 7M
Without Conduit/Normal Column= 14M

If this is new construction do you think this is correct. I mean they have researched these labor units so they are acurate. Just did not think it was double the labor without conduit

iMuse97

On enough commercial construction, by the time you are pulling in your Cat5 or other comm/data/alarm type of cabling, there are so many people, things, equipment and the like in the way that it can get quite difficult to do this job, and often the ceiling grids are already installed, and also each end still has to be pulled down to it's termination point, which has just been made inaccessible by the newly installed ductwork that wasn't supposed to be there, but was anyway because it couldn't go anywhere else because the plumbers and sprinkler guys blocked all other points.

sorry for the run-on sentence.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Ty

On enough commercial construction, by the time you are pulling in your Cat5 or other comm/data/alarm type of cabling, there are so many people, things, equipment and the like in the way that it can get quite difficult to do this job, and often the ceiling grids are already installed, and also each end still has to be pulled down to it's termination point, which has just been made inaccessible by the newly installed ductwork that wasn't supposed to be there, but was anyway because it couldn't go anywhere else because the plumbers and sprinkler guys blocked all other points.

sorry for the run-on sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.