Sizing multi-family dwelling service

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are working on the design of a multi-family dwelling and I was looking for some help on optional calculations. It is kind halfway home/long-term residence, so the 88 units are small (~275 sq ft). We will have one circuit for general lighting/receptacles, the dedicated circuit for the bathroom, two small appliance circuits and one range (~8.5kw) in each unit. The units will not have their own load center but will be fed from supervised panels in closets on each floor. Air conditioning will be accomplished with mini-split systems with one outdoor unit serving several indoor units and heating is from the building heating system.

The only diversity that I can find to take is on the ranges; it looks like we can take the ranges at 16%. It doesn't look like we can use either 220.82 because the load doesn't exceed 10kva for each unit when you take range diversity and can't use 220.84 because the units don't have dedicated heating or cooling (this project still falls under 2005 NEC). Am I looking at this right? Is there any other diversity that can be taken on the service or feeders other than the ranges?

Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.