Need advice on 200 amp underground service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestarter

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana, Arial]Have worked on overhead services before but would like to do my first underground service. Here is my plan. Run 2" conduit up pole about ten feet then 2' under ground with 4/0 3 conductor aluminum wire. Then to meter socket on two treated 6x6 posts with 2x8 treated boards between them to mount Meter Main with Load Center. Two 8' ground rods 6' apart within about 2' in front of posts with 4 gauge copper stranded wire going from panel then both ground rods then back to the panel. Have a couple things that I am not sure of though. Does ground wire have to go in conduit or can I just strap it to the service conduit? And do I need expansion fittings where the conduit goes up the pole it shows that the utility company requires one for the conduit going to the meter.?

Here is the meter socket and breaker panel I am thinking about using.
Milbank Meter Main with Load Center[/FONT]

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.