whole house surge protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riograndeelectric

Recived a call today from Sycom Surge. They manufactour whole house surge protectors.
Sycom Surge wants to list my company on there contractor referal list.
The way it works is when customers call Sycom Surge and are intrested in installing 1 of there units Sycom then refers the customer to one of the contractors on the referal list.

Sycom Surge has stated there is no charge for me to be listed as one of there authorized customers.

Sycom wants me to buy 2 of there units $44.00 each install 1 in my home and use the other one as demo unit for customers.

I like the idea of being on there referal list however the sales person was very instint on me buying 2 units right away.

has any one had experiance with Sycom Surge?
Thye have an A rating with the BBB and only 1 complaint.

cpinetree

Syscom

Syscom

We have been using Sycom for the last year or two.

No problems, and in fact can only say good things about them.

They will even do over the phone training for you and your guys, 20minutes for 4-5 sessions. It was worth the time invested, they called early in the AM before scheduled jobs, we did the training and then sent the guys on their way.

We buy through a local supply house at a slightly better price for the SYC120/240 unit.

They also seem to have a pretty good warranty, although we have not had to use it.

Riograndeelectric

We have been using Sycom for the last year or two.

No problems, and in fact can only say good things about them.

They will even do over the phone training for you and your guys, 20minutes for 4-5 sessions. It was worth the time invested, they called early in the AM before scheduled jobs, we did the training and then sent the guys on their way.

We buy through a local supply house at a slightly better price for the SYC120/240 unit.

They also seem to have a pretty good warranty, although we have not had to use it.

Thank you for sharing your input.

how have there leads worked out for you being on there referal list ?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
They are sold on eBay for $55 shipped.

10 for $429 shipped.

I noticed they are referred to as secondary surge protectors in their instructions. What does that mean?

cpinetree

leads

leads

Thank you for sharing your input.

how have there leads worked out for you being on there referal list ?

I can not say we have had a lead from them. I just checked their website and do not even see a place to look for an installer. Living in Florida most people are aware of the transient surges from storms etc, so customers often inquire about surge, also we generally install one on all panel changes (because it is inexpensive enough and appears to have a good warranty).

I can only attest to the fact that they make a reasonably priced product, and do offer very good support. Anytime I have called with a question for sizing larger units for commercial use they have been quick with answers and suggestions. The people I have spoke to at Sycom have a fairly good history in the surge industry, and seem to be very knowledgeable.

Riograndeelectric

My understanding is thye will place your company on referal list. when customers call Sycom Surge to inquire about purchasing there product is they will refer that customer to one of there small contractors.

Each sales rep has there own list of referal contractors.

Sycom Surge stated a DIY person can not by the unit directlly from Sycom Surge in that they will verify if the person looking to buy there product directlly form Sycom Surge is a quilfied.
I am not sure how they do this though.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
My understanding is thye will place your company on referal list. when customers call Sycom Surge to inquire about purchasing there product is they will refer that customer to one of there small contractors.

Each sales rep has there own list of referal contractors.

Sycom Surge stated a DIY person can not by the unit directlly from Sycom Surge in that they will verify if the person looking to buy there product directlly form Sycom Surge is a quilfied.
I am not sure how they do this though.

Since they are openly sold on eBay, I doubt that their policy of no direct sales is meaningful. In any case, it probably does not matter much. People who are getting referred are probably of a mind to pay to have it installed, as opposed to doing it themselves. Keep in mind it is not real hard to just go buy one somewhere and put it in if you want. Does not have to be this brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.