ACCESS DOORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
if the drawings call for access doors pertaining to the EC's(electrical contractor) work I was told the carpenter install but EC pay them for it...is that true? I would say it take them about an hour to install plus the material( about $75). Yes?? Thanks

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
if the drawings call for access doors pertaining to the EC's(electrical contractor) work I was told the carpenter install but EC pay them for it...is that true? I would say it take them about an hour to install plus the material( about $75). Yes?? Thanks

These doors will be speced on the door schedule and have nothing to do with an EE bid.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
They can write anything they want into the spec. Sounds like they want the EC to do the job with little or no access doors otherwise the EC pays for them. Not out of the oridinary IMO.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
If you as the EC are doing the full furnish and install of the tele/data and they say on the IT drawings to f&i them... Then what? I guess kinda like plywood for the Telephone rooms? :D

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I see this as an incentive for the EC to figure out how he will do the installation without have boxes above an inaccessible ceiling. If he chooses not to put any forethought into the job then he pays for it later when access is required.

iwire

Staff member
I see this as an incentive for the EC to figure out how he will do the installation without have boxes above an inaccessible ceiling. If he chooses not to put any forethought into the job then he pays for it later when access is required.

Exactly. :)

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent

I agree 100%

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
See it all the time, get a quote from a carp. and be sure you have the right door for the area; they are not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.