Meyers hubs Class 1 Div 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KentAT

If I use Meyers hubs to connect rigid steel conduit to an enclosure in a Div2 location, do the hubs have to be of the grounding type to meet the bonding required by 250.100 and by reference 250.92 (B)(2) through (4)?

250.100 Bonding in Hazardous (Classified) Locations. Regardless of the voltage of the electrical system, the electrical continuity of non?current-carrying metal parts of equipment, raceways, and other enclosures in any hazardous (classified) location as defined in 500.5 shall be ensured by any of the bonding methods specified in 250.92(B)(2) through (B)(4). One or more of these bonding methods shall be used whether or not equipment grounding conductors of the wire type are installed.

and 250.92 (B):

(2) Connections utilizing threaded couplings or threaded hubs on enclosures if made up wrenchtight
(3) Threadless couplings and connectors if made up tight for metal raceways and metal-clad cables
(4) Other listed devices, such as bonding-type locknuts, bushings, or bushings with bonding jumpers

I thought yes, but now I'm not sure since I'm wondering if a Meyers hub meets the type in (B) (2) above.

Kent

BPoindexter

Inactive, Email Never Verified
I believe they do as long as the enclosure is not required to be explosionproof and conduit seals are not required.

Kent- I am going to have to disagree with myself here. After re-reading the question and taking another look at 250.92(B) it says:

"Standard locknuts or bushings shall not be the sole means for the bonding required by this section."

I believe that the myers hub bushing used to connect it to the enclosure would fall under that statement. Someone else may want to weigh in on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.