6" EMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
You may not be the one to have to pull all those plastic soda lines through the PVC, but someone will.

Trust me, those pipes get stuffed with soda lines, and it's a very hard pull. Plastic just doesn't want to slide along plastic. You'll hear about it. So, given the opportunity, I'd either run a larger pipe, or a pair of pipes.

Or, of course, you could use some LB's in place of the sweeps .... then hang around to learn a few words you won't hear in church.

lol...thanks... and why are LB's better to pull through than sweeps/elbows?

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech
lol...thanks... and why are LB's better to pull through than sweeps/elbows?
I believe he meant sweeps would be better then LB's. I have never pulled fluid lines through raceways but I can only imagine the pain factor if LB's were involved.

renosteinke

I was beig sarcastic; LB's would make the run useless. This was also my way of stressing that you use SWEEPS, long radiou 90's, rather than ordinary 90's.

Rampage_Rick

I've installed 4" PVC for a Pepsi fountain. The pipe they use comes pre-bundled in an overall jacket. As I recall it contained about a dozen color-coded hoses for the syrup (similar to PEX) and a pair of clear braided hoses for the carbonated water.

The outer jacket is similar to the jacket on SE cable, and it doesn't seem to glide well inside PVC.

436652956_tp.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.