Leaky cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicklaxt

Leaky, as you probably know, is a brand name and not descriptive of if it will allow passage or migration of gases.There are some coax cables rated for hazardous area atmospheres but I have never had occasion to use them..Check you cable spec it show usage compliance.

dick

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Leaky, as you probably know, is a brand name and not descriptive of if it will allow passage or migration of gases.There are some coax cables rated for hazardous area atmospheres but I have never had occasion to use them..Check you cable spec it show usage compliance.

dick

In the RF world, a leaky coax cable is used to radiate an RF signal where there is poor reception.

dicklaxt

In the RF world, a leaky coax cable is used to radiate an RF signal where there is poor reception.

Right on Tom ,I should have said style rather than brand my bad once again.That does bring up the question can these leaky cables function within a conduit in radiating RF?

dick

Speedskater

Occupation
retired broadcast, audio and industrial R&D engineering
Now that's some serious co-ax cable, up to 1-5/8 inch diameter and up to 300kW. I have no idea of how it would be used or why big power would be required.

kenaslan

We use to tell apprentices to put a bucket under it so the RF doesnt leak onto the floor. Some were dumb enough to do it. ( They didnt last long):lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.