Bathroom required branch circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone agree with me that the one 20 amp branch circuit for bathrooms in 210.11c(3) shall supply only receptacle outlet(s) in one bathroom in a house and have no other outlets? I don't think 210.11c(3) circuits should extend to other restrooms,do you agree?

kwired

Electron manager
You have two choices:

If it only supplies one bathroom it can have receptacle outlets plus other outlets located in the same bathroom are permitted to be on the same circuit.

or

It can serve multiple bathrooms, but if it does it can only have receptacle outlets connected to it, and can not supply any other outlets.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Does anyone agree with me that the one 20 amp branch circuit for bathrooms in 210.11c(3) shall supply only receptacle outlet(s) in one bathroom in a house and have no other outlets? I don't think 210.11c(3) circuits should extend to other restrooms,do you agree?

Of course Dennis and George are correct, but maybe you are thinking of a case where you also have the lights on the same circuit? If so, you are correct (see the Exception).

bobbymari

If there alot of women/teenage girls in the house id advise against putting more than one bathroom receptacle on this circuit . hello hairdryer/curling irons

480sparky

If there alot of women/teenage girls in the house id advise against putting more than one bathroom receptacle on this circuit . hello hairdryer/curling irons

Even if the house is occupied solely by a 90-year old bald man, I'd still run a separate circuit to each bath. The old geezer isn't going to live forever.

iwire

Staff member

Even if the house is occupied solely by a 90-year old bald man, I'd still run a separate circuit to each bath. The old geezer isn't going to live forever.

It seems like the OP is looking for a code answer, not design advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.