Relocate Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBLES

customer wants to move 800a service 40'. The customer is building on or near exisitng service location.The existing service feeds 3-200a panels @Temp buildings and one 200a panel at H frame, once job is complete the service will be removed. The 3-200a feeders run over head to Temp buildings. The 3- 200 amp feeders will remain but I need to feed from new service. MY Idea IS. Can I install a 600 disconnect then tap off the load side to feed each disconnect separately or does a 200a disconnect need to be provided for each feeder. The reason I am trying keep it under same 600 disconnect is to 1st keep from involving POCO again. I can just turn off power and because customer wants to install generator for all three discoonects near temp buildings. in future growth. i can turn off power with 600 disconnect when i install genertor. you guys see any problems with this? please let me know and provide code reference.

Attachments

• VZW Service.jpg
    VZW Service.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 0
  • VZW T Buildings.jpg
    VZW T Buildings.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 0

bob

Something like this assuming a 600 amp is adequate for the load. Have you done a load study? Check previous max
demand from utility? note that the taps are a max of 10 ft. If over 10 Ft, the 25 Ft rules apply. Note this is for a 400 amp installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.