On a lighter note which poor workmanship NEC rule does this break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
What kind of hack does something like that? My journey would have slapped me with a pair of Kliens.

Always make sure the slots on trim screws are horizontal.

No there supposed to be vertical so the paint drains out.

480sparky

They're Leviton covers.
thumbdown.gif

kwired

Electron manager
Do you really have any control over where the screw slots end up, after you tighten to the specified torque setting? (if there is one, of course, which I doubt)
There have been discussions before on which way the screw slots should be oriented and why, and some have gone on for seemingly unlimited number of posts - but I don't want this to turn into one of those threads:blink:

jap

Occupation
Electrician
There have been discussions before on which way the screw slots should be oriented and why, and some have gone on for seemingly unlimited number of posts - but I don't want this to turn into one of those threads:blink:

Maybe one of these days they'll come out with Torx Head Screws for the cover plates and it'll end all the worry about it.

JAP>

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Maybe one of these days they'll come out with Torx Head Screws for the cover plates and it'll end all the worry about it.

JAP>
That will really be tricky if trying to keep the screw heads flush!
Maybe square head instead? Clutch tip would still leave an orientation problem.
With Phillips you could have the orientation you want with less of a turn. And you could just strip out the slots to leave the screw perfectly symmetric....

jap

Occupation
Electrician
That will really be tricky if trying to keep the screw heads flush!
Maybe square head instead? Clutch tip would still leave an orientation problem.
With Phillips you could have the orientation you want with less of a turn. And you could just strip out the slots to leave the screw perfectly symmetric....

Torx orientation would be even less noticeable than phillips.
Phillips has 4 points which if out line would actually be as noticeable as a straight blade.

JAP>

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Torx orientation would be even less noticeable than phillips.
Phillips has 4 points which if out line would actually be as noticeable as a straight blade.

JAP>
But Phillips will recess nicely into an oval head screw while Torx will not.

(Just keeping it light.)

Status
Not open for further replies.