Barnett Supply GFCI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Anyone buying GFCI's from Barnett Supply ? I purchased 30 units from them just before this summer (10 for myself and 20 for a fellow contractor). I'm finding about an 20% failure rate. The last one I installed, the customer called me about a week later and said only one half of the receptacle was working. I've tried contacting Barnett 3 or 4 times already and they seem to just want to sweep this under the rug. I'm at the point where I'm going to file a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. I've done that before with another supplier.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I really try and avoid buying from those places. When they were Starlighting I used to buy their regressed eyeball trims but for some reason the ones they have now are off white trims instead of white. No good for me.

Let's face it the reason they are so cheap is because the quality is poor on most things.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
They don't sell the absolute worst, go to Harbor Freight for that.

But a 10-20% failure rate negates any savings, and can potentially harm relationship with customer.

I've always had very good success when sales rep takes care of the problem, have gotten refunds for defective material, usually without having to send back. Try to find out who your sales rep is if you haven't.

peter d

As mentioned Barnett bought out Sunstar Lighting which sold unbranded knock-off garbage. I bought some stuff from them as samples years ago and ended up throwing it out or having to go back and replace it.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I've had some problems in the past with these companies but never with Sunstar Lighting. If a problem cropped up they took back all the units I purchased and replaced them with a name brand, no questions asked. For some reason Barnett is taking the ostrich approach and hiding their heads in the sand. I've placed a call and sent several e-mails and have received no satisfaction. It seems the only way to stop the blood letting and screwing of EC's with their lousy products is is to file a legitimate complaint with the CPSC. I've already given them several warnings and got no response. I think they're having internal problems because they keep changing account managers. That should have been my first tip-off.:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.