According to plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn pavich

I had this posted on the engineering fourm.I got no answers , now I can't find it....I recently did a 28 panel ground mount 17 degree tilt.it was on a slope (little hill) .Plans say 4'4" from grade,if ground was level I would be 4'4"all the way across but that's never the case,I recently did a job with a 12" slope ( little hill).I installed all my piers about 1'6"higher then the 4'4".I marked my 4'4"on my first pier then ran a string line with a string level by the time I got to the last pier I was at 5'4".I have allways done it like that,when I left the job the home owners assosuation went out ther and measured it and said it was to high,they were gonna shut me down if I don't make it 4'4" are lower. I measured 4'4" the on the pier that was at the bottom of hill ran my string line level now at last pier Is 3'4" My question is if I am on a hill were do I start my first 4'4" measurement on the high side of grade like I have been doing it ,so the array would raise,are on the low side of grade so my array would drop down,are does it really matter thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.