klein needle nose wire cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.P.

I have a set of those without the crimper. Mine had a spring that I took out.

They are handy, I do prefer regular wire strippers though.

One of those and a 11 in 1 and you can get some things done with very few tools.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
All they need is a 4-in-1 screwdriver in one handle and a non-contact tester in the other, and guys can carry it in a purse with their cell phone.

JFletcher

Nice looking but I dont think they'll replace my side cutters (staple puller), Kleins (staple hammer, wire marker), and wire cutters any time soon. Looks awkward for stripping any amount of wire and heavy as well. But like JP wrote this and an 11-1 would get a lot done. I'm guessing these are about 35-45$?

teufelhounden91

klein needle nose wire cutters

I have a pair. They take some getting used to. Nose is not as skinny as a regular needle-nose and strippers aren't as easy to use. But great tool for service work when you don't want to carry a lot of tools with you. I carry this and an extended 6 in 1 (http://www.zoro.com/klein-tools-mul...clid=CI3V9YzG5sgCFZGMaQod3kEJvw&gclsrc=aw.ds) and a meter in my back pocket. Gets me pretty far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
You mean a "man bag" right:)

Over the years I have gradually stopped carrying much in the way of tools with me. Most of my work is twiddling keys anyway, and usually there is an electrician around with all kinds of tools who knows how to use them when and where I go out in the field.

The only tool I habitually carry around now is a pocket knife. Not even a multi-tool.

big john

I may pick up a pair. I've been looking for a sort of general-purpose pliers like that.

Was thinking about the Knipex Combination Pliers but haven't heard great things about them, surprisingly.

KPX1396200_M.jpg

big john

Thats odd. I really like my knipex channies, for sure!
Ditto. If I remember right, the complaints were that they screwed up the leverage on those. You can see the pivot is almost halfway down the tool; I guess it takes a lot of hand force to put any amount of pressure on the jaws.

peter d

I used to be pretty good at using my linemans for strippers, and not because they had a hole blown in them.

I am too for occasional use, but for repetitive stripping, a stripping tool is a must. I worked for a machine tool builder and we had thousands of wires to strip on every machine and control panel. I can't imagine using the tool in the OP for that.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am too for occasional use, but for repetitive stripping, a stripping tool is a must. I worked for a machine tool builder and we had thousands of wires to strip on every machine and control panel. I can't imagine using the tool in the OP for that.

I can't imagine even owning the tool in the OP.

On the topic of strippers, Ideal quit making my favourite pair.:rant:
Even worse, my boss found out about it about the same time I did and scanned the web and bought the last four pairs available in the whole US.:rant::rant:

peter d

I can't imagine even owning the tool in the OP.

On the topic of strippers, Ideal quit making my favourite pair.:rant:
Even worse, my boss found out about it about the same time I did and scanned the web and bought the last four pairs available in the whole US.:rant::rant:

Which one was that, out of curiosity?

Maybe if your boss is a good sport, he'll give you one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.