Why are there abnormal noises or vibrations when the conveyor is running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Mcguire

Banned
We have seen most of the time when we work on the machine it produce so much noises or vibration at the running. So my question is can we reduce or minimize the noise of conveyor?

kwired

Electron manager
There are too many directions this conversation can go without some more information.

Where is noise vibration coming from? Motor, gear reducer, belt, idler, main drive pulley.

What type of motor drives it, and what drives the motor -- AC single phase, three phase, DC motor, variable speed controller?

What kind of load is there compared to the motor capacity?

Maybe motor is rapidly cycling on/off for some reason causing a lot of noise and vibration?

JFletcher

What kind of conveyor? (screw, belt, bucket, etc). What material is it conveying? How long/high is it? How is it driven (gearbox, belts, direct drive, etc)?

From the conveyors I have seen, noise/vibrations are often caused by overloading, improper alignment of the rollers/bearing assemblies, worn bearings, and improper lubrication. I would hazard a guess that you will find a mechanical or operational problem rather than electrical.

Status
Not open for further replies.