User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flat rate pricing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we end up having to use arc faults we just add the cost plus 25%. Plus in our job description we put there maybe extra cost involved in code or permits requirements as per the inspector.
    99 percent of the jobs have been planned to the T and there are no extras. But every so often there’s that one job. If it’s something Minor we just eat the cost of it. It goes back to law of averages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been on flat rate bases for about 7 years and been very happy. I have been using with excellent results.

IMO, you also need to consider . You are a technician but a business owner as well. As a business owner Sales should be on top of your list. At fist I was skeptical but after taking the first 5 day training I am a believer and do see the results when I apply what I have learned.
    Edward
    The only thing I know, is the progressive discovery of my ignorance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    I have been on flat rate bases for about 7 years and been very happy. I have been using with excellent results.

IMO, you also need to consider . You are a technician but a business owner as well. As a business owner Sales should be on top of your list. At fist I was skeptical but after taking the first 5 day training I am a believer and do see the results when I apply what I have learned.
    Edward, I couldn't agree more with your comment on sales training. A mentor of mine once said "If you're in business, then you're in sales!", like it or not. I have done the same sales training you link to above, one of the best in the business IMO. How has the software worked out for you? I'm actually doing a live demo of the very same one tomorrow. Was using JOBI but it has not worked out so well.

Also, props to whoever mentioned Ellen Rohr. She's another great wealth of info and a no nonsense straight shooter. Heard she'd left consulting and gone back into the plumbing franchise bizz again though.

To comment on what others have said above regarding pricing, the formula is pretty simply but CRUCIAL!
    MATERIAL COSTS + LABOR COSTS = JOB COSTS
    JOB COSTS + OVERHEAD + PROFIT = SALE PRICE

Pricing the job based on anothers price book or hourly rate is suicidal!
    Do the math and know the right price for YOUR business. Period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy View Post

Pricing the job based on anothers price book or hourly rate is suicidal!
    Do the math and know the right price for YOUR business. Period.
    very true

the fact is FR has existed long before this soul suckin' device was around

which invites all the 'teach but can't do' vultures in

they would be the one entity i would caution any startup to avoid

~RJ~