dc power supply commons tie togther or leave seprate

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Perhaps the answer you seek is 110.3.... :blink:

PS: That's just to start with. The rest falls into place once you understand the concept that the Code in general applies equally to DC circuits.

It has nothing to do with being AC or DC. It has to do with an assertion you made claiming something is in the code. Please provide a code reference to back up your assertion.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
It has nothing to do with being AC or DC. It has to do with an assertion you made claiming something is in the code. Please provide a code reference to back up your assertion.
You know how when students seemingly present homework problems on here, we veteran patrons tell them to show us their answer. Well this is a similar case in my opinion. Please provide a Code reference which says a general requirement* of the NEC is not equally applicable to both AC and DC circuits.

And if you can't do that, go (pick your expletive and insert here) yourself!

*I will explain if necessary.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
You know how when students seemingly present homework problems on here, we veteran patrons tell them to show us their answer. Well this is a similar case in my opinion. Please provide a Code reference which says a general requirement* of the NEC is not equally applicable to both AC and DC circuits.

And if you can't do that, go (pick your expletive and insert here) yourself!

*I will explain if necessary.

I have never said the general requirements of the code don't apply to AC and DC wiring.

I specifically asked you for a code cite to an assertion you made that said terminals or other components required a certain level of OCP per the code.

You keep trying to obfuscate. I wonder why you can't just answer the question asked instead of responding to a comment that was not made.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I have never said the general requirements of the code don't apply to AC and DC wiring.

I specifically asked you for a code cite to an assertion you made that said terminals or other components required a certain level of OCP per the code.

You keep trying to obfuscate. I wonder why you can't just answer the question asked instead of responding to a comment that was not made.
No, I'm not trying to obfuscate a damn thing. You are ignoring my answers and continuing to be condescending on a point that don't exist but in your own head. When anyone talks down to me, I'm going to treat them the same way. You are a person. I am a person. Get off your high horse and be that person.

Please review:

• In post #5 I stated, "DC circuits require overcurrent protection rated accordingly for circuit components, including terminals and conductors, just like AC crcuits."
  • You asked, "where does it say that in the code anywhere?" back in post #6
  • jaggedben posted an answer to your question and you completely ignored his reply.
  • I replied to your question with what should have been a sufficient answer in post #13.

• In post #15 you go off on a tangent from which you have yet to return.
  • I've tried to appease your request in posts #16, #17, and #20.
  • You continue to assert your tangent in posts #18, #21, and #23 (quoted at the beginning of this reply).

Even if I'm completely wrong (and I know I'm not), do you really believe you deserve an answer beyond what I've already provided?

Status
Not open for further replies.