User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Questions about Lutron Caseta wireless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to these switches..used a few to create a "3" way. Here is my delmia..power at ceiling fan.. constant power.. do they make a j box type receiver and a battery wireless switch on the wall

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keith gigabyte View Post
    New to these switches..used a few to create a "3" way. Here is my delmia..power at ceiling fan.. constant power.. do they make a j box type receiver and a battery wireless switch on the wall
    I don't know if they make something like you want but I can tell you a solution I came up with. Customer wanted a wall switch for a ceiling fan that was like yours, constant power. I went in the attic and found the feed to the fan/light. I spliced into the wire and ran a new wire over to the entrance to the attic. I then put in a Lutron master RF switch. Then I put a Pico wireless on the wall in the room that had the fan/light.

You can just get the wall plate adapter and mount the Pico to that with no box. It looks just like a Decora switch. Of course distance plays a part in this as the remote is listed for only around 30'. But I can tell you I had them work a lot farther than that. I suppose it depends on "line of sight", obstacles that might interfere with the signal, etc.

If putting the switch in the attic is a problem, you could always drop a RF switch down in a closet or above a cabinet then put the Pico wherever you want.
    The RF switches come with just on/off & on/off plus dimmer. Not sure if they come with fan control.
    If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    You can just get the wall plate adapter and
    The RF switches come with just on/off & on/off plus dimmer. Not sure if they come with fan control.
    They just released a fan speed control.

https://www.casetawireless.com/produ...mmers-switches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.