This is a test

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshields

I have posted several questions to this site in recent weeks, always careful to tick off the box notify immediately via e-mail. Yet, not only have I not received an e-mail indicating that a response has been made but also, when I go looking, searching by my username, I find only my older posts.

Trying to figure out what's going on. Will send an e-mail directly to someone at Mike Holt. Just thought I'd try one more time to see if I got a response. Please, if you are so inclined, just reply that this was viewed and that you are responding as a test.

Thanks,

Mike

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Why don't you just click on "subscribed threads"?
You will find your posts quicker that way.
Or you could click on "todays post" which should show your post if anyone has replied but the fastest is the "subscribed threads".

kwired

Electron manager
Why don't you just click on "subscribed threads"?
You will find your posts quicker that way.
Or you could click on "todays post" which should show your post if anyone has replied but the fastest is the "subscribed threads".
That's what I do, you can also subscribe to a thread you have posted in or even unsubscribe from one if you are no longer interested in being subscribed - you can still come look at it just doesn't appear in your "subscribed threads".

I guess I don't know if you can unsubscribe if you started the thread but pretty sure you can others you have participated in.

When I first started using this site I had email notifications, but when started using it a lot, I got tired of having to clear all those emails. I guess if you don't participate that much that feature can be handy.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I can't see your post. :)

I tried the instantly using email option just to see if it does anything.

it seems to default to "subscribe to this thread" and "notify through my control panel only". I don't know what that does if anything.

I also checked the "rate this thread" and selected "excellent" to see what that does.

kwired

Electron manager

it seems to default to "subscribe to this thread" and "notify through my control panel only". I don't know what that does if anything.

I also checked the "rate this thread" and selected "excellent" to see what that does.

Subscribe to this thead - puts the thread in your subscriptions list- it is generally default to automatically subscribe you to any thread you post in, so if you click on any thread viewing tools and click subscriptions or anything associated with subscriptions the threads you are subscribed to will show up in the search results.

Notify through my control panel only will not email you any notification that someone has replied to a thread in you subscription - you need to use the site tools to see if any activity has occurred on your subscribed threads.

Rate this thread - when viewing threads - each one has ratings, by actually rating a thread your score is tallied with other scores and the overall rating is displayed. If a thread hasn't had anyone rate it - it probably shows no rating. I don't really know all details of ratings, but overall results should be based on ratings (if any) have been submitted I would think.

kwired

Electron manager

Looks like the current thread rating is "excellent" and is based on one vote - apparently yours.

kwired

Electron manager
I didn't get any emails yet either so I am guessing that maybe that option has been disabled for some reason.
You have current email address you are using in your profile information? Also make sure your email application hasn't blocked the sender or recognized it as junk/spam and rejected or sorted to a junk folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.