User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: 3-phase complex power calculations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by david luchini View Post
    For the life of me, I cannot figure out why you are having such trouble with something so elementary.
    That is a mystery. This is pretty basic stuff and not something a newbie EE should struggle with much less a seasoned professional.

Perhaps it is just a developed bad habit. In a long career, someone would have called him on it already. If he listened, that is.
    BB+/BB=?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanisWatching1987 View Post
    I just notice this post and maybe the solution to the Text will help

Attachment 22426

Also, is the angel of Vab,Source be 5.76 degrees?
    See David's detailed solutions.
    BB+/BB=?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Corso View Post
    I'M RENEGING ON MY PLEDGE UNTIL YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE, SHOWS ME YOUR 'PROCEDURE' TAKEN FROM A "POWER THEORY" BOOK!
    This type step-through analysis is covered in every circuit analysis book I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few. This type of analysis is fundamental in any EE circuits course. I am at a loss as to why you continue to struggle with this solution.

It seems to me you are have a fundamental misunderstanding of phase angles or some similar concept. Perhaps you have never had to solve a problem quite like this since your school days but I would bet that if you are a EE graduate you covered this in school. Things can be forgotten over time and I'm not faulting you for that. I am faulting you for failing to refresh your knowledge after so many erroneous posts on your part.

You can run the values in a circuit modeling program and it will verify that your solution is wrong. At the start of the thread, I did run this out of respect for what I assumed was your knowledge level because your insistence made me think that maybe there was something I was missing. I also make mistakes from time to time and was willing to double-check.

May I respectfully suggest you take a breath, step back, and re-think what you are doing because you are wrong. Take it from a fellow long-timer.
    BB+/BB=?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gentlepeople...

Remember, I said I would stop contributing to this thread when I saw a solution in print! Well, fortunately, Batman produced it! It is exactly as mine, but with one major difference... in his, line-impedance is entered as... 5+j10, in mine it's 10+j5 (as well, in the four different solutions) and I can't explain why!

So to Batman... thank you ! And, to all others I fervently apologize !

Sincerely,

Phil Corso