multi family calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings forum,

I just tested for the Oregon supervising electrician license and left the testing center moderately confident about it, but feel the part 2 of the test could go either way. The bulk of part 2 questions are built off of the first calculation in question 1. So as you can imagine, not setting up the first problem correctly has catastrophic consequences.

In prepping for the real possibility of having to retake it, I wanted to bounce a few questions at the forum and over the next few weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

with regards to multifamily dwelling, standard calculation;

Question 1, would a fixed in place, kitchen exhaust hood fan, (down draft or ceiling mount) be calculated with the kitchen appliances (dishwasher, disposal etc) or with the cooking appliance itself?

thank you,

baldie0217

Greetings forum,

I just tested for the Oregon supervising electrician license and left the testing center moderately confident about it, but feel the part 2 of the test could go either way. The bulk of part 2 questions are built off of the first calculation in question 1. So as you can imagine, not setting up the first problem correctly has catastrophic consequences.

In prepping for the real possibility of having to retake it, I wanted to bounce a few questions at the forum and over the next few weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

with regards to multifamily dwelling, standard calculation;

Question 1, would a fixed in place, kitchen exhaust hood fan, (down draft or ceiling mount) be calculated with the kitchen appliances (dishwasher, disposal etc) or with the cooking appliance itself?

thank you,

the main thing on that question is that it is a 208y/120v 3-phase, system which means you would not derate the nuetral for the dryer and range but would do the reduction over 200 amp.

solis

Oregon Signing test

Oregon Signing test

JMF,
Hope it turns out well. I take the same test at the end of March. I am OK with the OAC and the NEC code parts, working hard and studying calc's. Anything else you can suggest I study for?
Thanks
Solis

Status
Not open for further replies.