RGS to PVC conduit transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designer69

Need to have an RGS conduit above ground to a wall mounted box and transition to PVC as it goes underground. Anything special needed to consider with this? I am thinking a simple coupling fitting will do.

Thanks

jeremy.zinkofsky

Need to have an RGS conduit above ground to a wall mounted box and transition to PVC as it goes underground. Anything special needed to consider with this? I am thinking a simple coupling fitting will do.

Thanks

Are you entering the box with rigid and leaving with PVC? Or are you leaving the box with Rigid and changing over to PVC right before it enters the ground?

If it is the latter, then a rigid coupler to a PVC male connector will be your best bet.

Designer69

Are you entering the box with rigid and leaving with PVC? Or are you leaving the box with Rigid and changing over to PVC right before it enters the ground?

If it is the latter, then a rigid coupler to a PVC male connector will be your best bet.

yes it is the latter. Thank you

quantum

What they said, use a PVC female adapter. I would also use RGS for the elbows under ground before making the transition to PVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.