glass panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolega

Here is my situation: im finishing basement which has exserisizing room (gym) do i have to follow 6-12 foot on outlets? The reason why i am asking is because one of the walls is glass panel which i am not sure if i should count that as a wall space

kolega

glass panel

but lets say u call that room gym room do u still have to follow same 6-12 rule like bedrooms or living room or u can put
outlets just where they need them

iwire

Staff member
but lets say u call that room gym room do u still have to follow same 6-12 rule like bedrooms or living room or u can put
outlets just where they need them

210.52(A) General Provisions. In every kitchen, family room, dining room, living room, parlor, library, den, sunroom, bedroom, recreation room, or similar room or area of dwelling units, receptacle outlets shall be installed in accordance with the general provisions specified in 210.52(A)(1) through (A)(3).

Its a judgment call but I would expect an inspector to consider an exercise area as a similar room to a recreation room.

So yes 6-12 spacing required in my opinion.

kwired

Electron manager
Its a judgment call but I would expect an inspector to consider an exercise area as a similar room to a recreation room.

So yes 6-12 spacing required in my opinion.
Especially if located within a structure designated as a dwelling unit.

If on same property as several dwelling units (even if all under one roof) you get into a different ballgame of classification of the structure and sub components of the structure.

kwired

Electron manager
If it was not a dwelling unit there would not be a 6-12 rule to ask about would there?
True, I kind of got stuck thinking of a retirement center or assisted living center that has multiple dwelling units but also has non dwelling areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.