2 Phases of a 3 Phase System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Besoeker

Durn Brit.:D
Not my fault!
And my brain, by this time of night, is not fully engaged.

It's after 23:00 here and not long since I came back from my last walk of the day with our very handsome collie. Especially since he was groomed a couple of days ago and smells like a French tart's boudoir - not that often I frequent such places.......:)

There is an electrical aspect to this. It's pitch black and he his mostly black as collies are. He runs off the lead but I put the LED collar on him so that I can see where he is.
However, it is DC rather than single phase AC. He doesn't mind. His expertise is Bussmann fuses.

Which%20book%20do%20I%20want_zpsahrda7n2.jpg

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Holy crap. We will indeed argue about literally anything in here.

Now I'll bet we go off on each other about "literally" for a few pages...

:D

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Lol

is a 2 wire L-L taken from a 3 phase 2 phase?

Restating the premise of the whole thread, on which there is still no consensus:

A pair of L conductors without a neutral, taken from a three phase delta or wye source, is single phase.

A pair of L conductors plus a neutral, taken from a three phase wye source is either single phase or "two out of three phases", (not two phase) depending on your personal preference and maybe the context in which it is being discussed.

jumper

Restating the premise of the whole thread, on which there is still no consensus:

A pair of L conductors without a neutral, taken from a three phase delta or wye source, is single phase.

A pair of L conductors plus a neutral, taken from a three phase wye source is either single phase or "two out of three phases", (not two phase) depending on your personal preference and maybe the context in which it is being discussed.

Good summary.

Ingenieur

I was messing around

the answer is no
ab is a ph
bc is a ph
ca is a ph
hence 3 phases which ab is 1 (or a single phase of the three) of them

Status
Not open for further replies.