air handler question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahib

Sahib, you can't even identify the type of unit we are talking about.Maybe I am mistaken, how about you find a picture on the internet of what you think is being discussed in this thread.
No matter what type of unit it is, its working principles are already known.

Sahib

Duly noted. :thumbsup:

Seems to be the best solution. Same cfm going through the ahu.

What a relief it may bring to the world if the Engineers, in a country known for its extravagant energy use, implement energy conservation measures in their designs!

iwire

Staff member
No matter what type of unit it is, its working principles are already known.

Perhaps, but you have no clue of the economics of your ideas without knowing about the equipment.

So I say again, can you identify the type of equipment the OP is dealing with?

If you cannot it would be wise for you to sit on the sidelines and watch.

iwire

Staff member
What a relief it may bring to the world if the Engineers, in a country known for its extravagant energy use, implement energy conservation measures in their designs!

I don't think you are in any position at all to start comparing countries respect for the world we live in. :roll:

mtfallsmikey

Guys, if we had an HVAC contractor recommending modifications to an electrical system we would all be shouting unqualified yet you all feel qualified to recommend modifications to an HVAC system.

It makes no sense. :happysad:

As a licensed HVAC guy, as well as electrical, a lot of good solutions were posted, but All are Band-Aid fixes. Commercial HVAC equipment usually has multiple speed taps for the motor. Oversized equipment/oversized ductwork issues may (possibly) be corrected with VFD's or speed controls, but the best solution is for a pro to run a heat loss/gain calc. and size / replace everything accordingly, and do it right. The money spent on Rube Goldberg-type fixes would be better applied this way.

iwire

Staff member
a lot of good solutions were posted, but All are Band-Aid fixes.

BINGO!

I agree and why I strongly feel the OP would do best by telling their customer to hire a competent HVAC contractor to evaluate the system and equipment to first determine the true cause of the problem and come up with some workable solutions.

Sahib

I bet in any comprehensive energy efficient solution for the OP's problem, blower VFD is part of the solution.

bure961

Guys there is nothing else I can add like cfm, multistage compressor, duc size the last time I went on roof has been about maybe 3 years ago. Just trying to get some information together and was going attempt a quick fix but after reading all these post I realized I not the one to make any changes. So I went and told him to find a HVAC contractor and go over the choices he has on making changes to system.

Well I learned a lot here about ac/heating units from all of you thanks a lot for all your help.

kwired

Electron manager
Guys there is nothing else I can add like cfm, multistage compressor, duc size the last time I went on roof has been about maybe 3 years ago. Just trying to get some information together and was going attempt a quick fix but after reading all these post I realized I not the one to make any changes. So I went and told him to find a HVAC contractor and go over the choices he has on making changes to system.

Well I learned a lot here about ac/heating units from all of you thanks a lot for all your help.
At least you were warned of potential consequences of making some quick fix. Newer units have higher efficiency ratings and less tolerance of making just one change without needing to make other changes.

mgookin

+1

Thanks for coming back to the thread. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.