METER SOCKET

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckman

It has been awhile since I went on a electrical service job for a home so I will assume installations have change and this is correct or it always was ok. I came across a training board that contained a 100a meter pan, panel, ground rods and waterline. Sometime ago I was told that no other connections are made in the meter pan except service wiring in and out.On this practice or training board someone had the neutral connected in the pan with a cable going out to the rods.
Is this a complinent installation ? It may be correct but I for one have never seen that.

journeyman0217

i always wondered why do you run your GEC to the main distribution panel and not right to the meter pan, is this because local utilities don't want any other connections in the meters?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
i always wondered why do you run your GEC to the main distribution panel and not right to the meter pan, is this because local utilities don't want any other connections in the meters?
Yes.
Even if it is unlikely that an electrician doing customer work at the site will need access to the jumper, most POCOs do not want "foreign" wiring in areas under their exclusive control.

Status
Not open for further replies.