User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Switch requirements?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S'mise View Post
    As far as backfeeding, if your using the same potential nothing can backfeed.
    That makes sense. Currents going to flow through the bulbs back to source. Not through the other hot delivering power from that same source.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrMann View Post
    ... No need to switch any neutrals
    And no code that lets us unless we're talking transfer switches. (I'm guessing that's not what you meant to say.)
    John,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S'mise View Post
    And no code that lets us unless we're talking transfer switches. (I'm guessing that's not what you meant to say.)
    You're right. I misread and thought you were actually asking about switching the "grounded" conductor. Which wouldn't make sense why you would ask that, so i just said no switching the neutral and left it at that.

Article 404 is pretty clear about the switch needing to break the ungrounded conductor, which is why i think they don't bother specifying that in 210. I would assume the requirement is to switch the ungrounded conductor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not familiar with residential energy code, but I believe manual switches will be required similar to commercial energy code.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wall switch does isolate the ungrounded conductor, it just doesn't turn off the light if the remote control switch is set to "on".
    It also has a pull chain to turn the light of. I can't think of a code violation but I admit its an unusual arrangement.
    John,