User Tag List

Thread: Grounding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grounding

So i ran into a bit of a problem and need a solution. I have a job that im stepping in finishing up what another contractor left behind. I know the coffee states that we allude have two source for grounding, bld steal, cold water, grnd electrode etc... This building has been remodeled and there is only one spit to ground and that from the rebar left from the old panel that was installed. The plumbing pipes or cold water are pvc and the bldg is wood. I tried going through the concrete but it's very thick its more than a 1ft ( old gas station garage). Is there any other solutions i can do before i order my final inspection.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arrail.thomas View Post
    So i ran into a bit of a problem and need a solution. I have a job that im stepping in finishing up what another contractor left behind. I know the coffee states that we allude have two source for grounding, bld steal, cold water, grnd electrode etc... This building has been remodeled and there is only one spit to ground and that from the rebar left from the old panel that was installed. The plumbing pipes or cold water are pvc and the bldg is wood. I tried going through the concrete but it's very thick its more than a 1ft ( old gas station garage). Is there any other solutions i can do before i order my final inspection.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

If there are no other qualifying grounding electrodes present, the concrete encased electrode can be the only grounding electrode. You do not have to add another one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packersparky View Post
    If there are no other qualifying grounding electrodes present, the concrete encased electrode can be the only grounding electrode. You do not have to add another one.
    I agree, as long as the CEE qualifies as an electrode and is the only electrode present in the structure that is all that you need.
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted