User Tag List

Thread: Arc Fault Label

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arc Fault Label

So I have a job thats a take over from last contractor. The inpector is asking for Arc Fault Label. This I do not have. So where can I get one or make one for my squared d panel .

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arrail.thomas View Post
    So I have a job thats a take over from last contractor. The inpector is asking for Arc Fault Label. This I do not have. So where can I get one or make one for my squared d panel .

Brady makes all kinds of labels. You can probably get them from your local supply house.

However, the label itself is easy. Getting the data to fill in the blanks on the label is less easy. You will likely need to have an arc flash study done by someone who knows how to do such things.
    Bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arrail.thomas View Post

You are going to have to be more specific. There is no such thing as "Arc Fault Label". There are requirements for arc-flash warnings in (2017) 110.16. All panels require compliance with 110.16(A) and this label is always there from the manufacturer.
    If this is other than a dwelling unit and over 1200 amp, you will need to comply with 110.16(B) and that gets a little more complicated.
    Also, be aware of 110.24. Is this what the inspector is referring to?