User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ansul system conduit joint Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't plan to touch it! Thanks for the info. I have limited experience with Ansul systems, but have been learning about them through posts on this sight!

Thanks all, especially LarryFine!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sw_ross View Post
    Thanks all, especially LarryFine!
    You're welcome. A lot of my experience has been re-wiring existing systems to comply with new operational requirements. Many older systems were wired to merely activate the exhaust fans, and one often needs to be creative to add new requirements using only a pair of micro-switches.

For example, shut-down of make-up air fans, appliances, and lights, as well as gas-valve reset boxes and solenoids, or temperature probes and timers, etc. Often, figuring out how the existing system is wired is half the game, and equally often, no Ansul control box was originally installed.
    Code references based on 2005 NEC
    Larry B. Fine
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFine View Post
    You're welcome. A lot of my experience has been re-wiring existing systems to comply with new operational requirements. Many older systems were wired to merely activate the exhaust fans, and one often needs to be creative to add new requirements using only a pair of micro-switches.

For example, shut-down of make-up air fans, appliances, and lights, as well as gas-valve reset boxes and solenoids, or temperature probes and timers, etc. Often, figuring out how the existing system is wired is half the game, and equally often, no Ansul control box was originally installed.
    The Ansul Auto-Man controller can accept up to 4 micro switches. That will reduce the amount of creativity you need to employ. Almost any company dealing with kitchen suppression systems can get them for you, and I think they're about $20 a pop.

If no controller was originally installed, what was running the suppression system? Or are you doing hood work in something without a suppression system?