User Tag List

Thread: PLC fused circuits - Conductor sizes and rating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PLC fused circuits - Conductor sizes and rating

I have installed a CL3R 16AWG 2C in conduit from a junction box to 24VDC transmitters, 24VDC valve positioners and 24VDC solenoids. My customer, even though no specs were given is saying I need to replace the cable with 600V insulation siting 725.49(B). I received confirmation that the wire complies with 725 as vendor wrote: "This cable is CL3R and it looks to meet article 725". A couple of questions: 1) Does this circuit indeed fall under 725? 2) The manufacturer gave an out by saying "looks to" so should I use that as a defense. our company has already finished all conduit work and the cost to upsize conduit and wire for this project is +30K so I am looking for any opportunity to reject the demand for 600V wire. any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your cable in its own conduit or sharing with other conductors ?
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    conductors are all part of the same system and are the same class circuits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also, yes there are up to 15-20 of these cable in one conduit. they do not have multiple class circuits. the customer is declaring them all class 1 circuits and thus citing 725.49(B) for 600V cable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know the Class power supply ?
    Beyond that, as far as 725.48(B) there was a change in then '14 Code:
    (B) Insulation. Insulation on conductors shall be rated for the system voltage and not less than 600 volts
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.