User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Old Bryant? or Murray? Panel

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Old Bryant? or Murray? Panel

    Gents, believe this is an old Bryant or Murray panel. All identifying info gone. Looking for confirmation on total circuits and where tandem breakers can be used. Clearly some problems with grounds that I am taking care of. Anyone know by sight what panel it is?


    https://ibb.co/5TX1w8V
    https://ibb.co/hX9rjZ9
    https://ibb.co/DYT6yJF
    https://ibb.co/S7JSMRL

    Any pointers are much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    34,135
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see at least 2 styles of breakers- Bryant and Siemens. Not certain what it is. It could be an old ITE panel which is now Siemens.... Pull those breakers that are black and see what they say on them. My guess is that is what you have. Maybe on the main breaker there may be a label.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main breaker is a Murray. It also has 'style CA' next to the handles.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    34,135
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, it is a Murray Panel with a mixture of breakers from other manufacturers.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    6,044
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhathaway81@yahoo.com View Post
    Gents, believe this is an old Bryant or Murray panel.
    https://ibb.co/hX9rjZ9
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    Maybe on the main breaker there may be a label.

    If you enlarge photo #2 you can see Murray stamped on the main breaker.

    To bad that thing is recessed in the wall because I would be tempted just to replace it.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Roanoke, VA.
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    IMO, it is a Murray Panel with a mixture of breakers from other manufacturers.
    +1
    Sometimes I don't know whether I'm the boxer or the bag.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Posts
    10,422
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler View Post
    If you enlarge photo #2 you can see Murray stamped on the main breaker.

    To bad that thing is recessed in the wall because I would be tempted just to replace it.
    That is going to be fun!
    Tom
    TBLO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    34,135
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rip it out and fill in behind it with some wood and flashing. Hopefully the new panel would be larger so the fix wouldn't be so bad.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    34,135
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder where the meter is located? Out on a pole???
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky



  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,363
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panel is not ITE, the Heiniman (sp?) main means it's pretty old, I lean towards it being Murray but with no pics of the interior behind the breakers it is hard to tell. Some of those old panels produce some odd combinations, like a Cutler-Hammer XO semi-flush panel with a FPE main breaker, but there is one C-H 400A switchboard with the normal Westinghouse branch breakers, circa 1968-69 with a ITE Vacubreak fusible main switch that is original.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •