User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: American Switch Co. Heard of this panel ? H.I. failed the sale because wrong brand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen those breakers under any other brand other then American Switch, there is one in a ITE panel for a pump for my rental that took a dump years ago, because it's off have not bothered to change it, Montgomery Ward sold AS panels too.

BTW, ASCO was Automatic Switch Company.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frank Adams, every time I worked on their stuff it was built like a tank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenfyeager View Post
    Home Inspector failed inspection for the sale because of a wide variety of brands breakers in an American Switch Co. panel. Anyone heard of this brand ? I doubt I can get these breakers. The inspector is correct, NEC requires this, right ? The home owner is asking me for suggestions, which as of today, I said 'replace the two panels." Is this the only way ? Thank you
    The home inspector would have to list the mis-matched breakers because it's kind of impossible not to notice them and is probably listed as part of their visual inspection.

Now that the buyer is aware of the problem they can't complain that it was not listed or that they didn't know about it.

Whatever corrective action is taken is between the buyer and seller. They can decide to do nothing more than knock a few bucks off the sale price. Kind of like finding a dent on a used car. Some people will want a small dent fixed but me I consider it as a form of insurance ( no one ever rams a shopping cart into an already dented car).

If I were asked to correct the problem I would want to swap out the panels. That way I could give a warranty on the new work and everyone would be happy (except for the person paying for it).
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.