User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: emergency lighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    It is not an NEC requirement, it is in chapter 7 of NFPA 110.
    I have not seen NFPA 101 adopted by jurisdictions as clearly as the Building Code is. Where the Building Code covers this topic
    Ron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    I have not seen NFPA 101 adopted by jurisdictions as clearly as the Building Code is. Where the Building Code covers this topic
    Seeing the OP, an example would be https://www.cedarcity.org/130/Current-Adopted-Codes where the IBC is evident and Section 1008 lists the areas where required
    Ron

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    Ron, it is NFPA 110 and it is not usually adopted either, (I actually don't know of it ever being specifically adopted) but it seems as though some areas reference other standards or use pieces of them.

Roger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron, it is NFPA 110 and it is not usually adopted either, (I actually don't know of it ever being specifically adopted) but it seems as though some areas reference other standards or use pieces of them.

Roger
    I think Ron is talking about general requirements for emergency lighting, while Roger & I are both referring to the specific requirement for battery backup at the generator and ATS locations:

NFPA 110:
    7.3  Lighting.
    7.3.1  The Level 1 or Level 2 EPS equipment location(s) shall be provided with battery-powered emergency lighting. This requirement shall not apply to units located outdoors in enclosures that do not include walk-in access.
    7.3.2  The emergency lighting charging system and the normal service room lighting shall be supplied from the load side of the transfer switch.

So the EPS location (either the ATS or the generator location) requires BOTH battery backup and generator power, while other locations only require either battery backup, or a life safety generator circuit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roger
    Look at IBC Chapter 27 section 2702.1.2
    Around here this section taken to mean that NFPA 110 and 111 are enforceable.