User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tesla Solar Roof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, if the zombie apocalypse comes then when the grid goes out, so will the gas supply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggunn View Post
    I am frankly surprised at how many PowerWall requests we are getting these days. Many come from folks with no TOU tariff and who have stable grid access. We talk a lot of them out of it but there are those who are convinced that it will save them money when it won't.
    It probably comes with a Tesla bumper sticker that can't be bought in stores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggunn View Post
    I am frankly surprised at how many PowerWall requests we are getting these days. Many come from folks with no TOU tariff and who have stable grid access. We talk a lot of them out of it but there are those who are convinced that it will save them money when it won't.
    In my view even with TOU rates it is questionable. Wasn't there a study of these economics done by one of your universities a while back? I recall seeing it but now I've forgotten who and where.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadfly56 View Post
    It's good to see you here again. As I recall, your rooftop system is standard PV panels. The OP is interested in the Tesla roof tiles. They don't go ON the roof, they ARE the roof.
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Always appreciated. This forum has been so useful to me in addressing various electrical issues we have here with our Tesla system, our 3rd world electric company, and so forth. You are right, our Tesla system uses standard PV panels and Enphase microinverters on each panel.

I did put up an apology to the OP regarding my off-topic reply. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a "Tesla Roof" but live and learn, I say.

Nos vemos hasta la próxima, as they say down here,

Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 69gp View Post
    Yes i have seen them and I want to see who installs them in MA. By code they need to be licensed electricians not roofers. I hope the AHJ is all over those jobs.
    Don't worry - all of these jobs will be in full ratio compliance.